they have to utilize proper crime prevention
techniques to help make the business less vulnerable to criminals.
For more information on how to keep your business or workplace safe:
Owners, management and employees should incorporate
these basic steps into your daily business practices
- Carefully screen all employees before hiring them.
- Keep a minimum amount of money on hand.
- Train employees on security measures and cash handling policies.
- Provide employees with a place to adequately secure their belongings(such
as purse, wallet, keys, coat and other valuables items) during work
- Insure all doors and windows are sturdy and have adequate locks.
- Install adequate lighting inside and outside. Remember burglars
look for dark places or some form of cover. A well illuminated property
is less appealing.
- Park Company vehicles away from the building at night where they
do not block the view of entrances.
- Keep your purse, wallet, keys and other valuables items with you
at all times or locked in a drawer or closet.
- Check the identity of any strangers who are in your office. Ask
whom they are visiting and if you can help them find that person.
If they make you uncomfortable, inform security or management about
- Always let someone know if you are going to be working early or
- Report any broken or flickering lights, dimly lit corridors, doors
that do not lock properly or broken windows. Don't wait for someone
else to do it.
- Be discreet. Don't advertise your social life or vacation plans
and those of your coworkers to people visiting or calling your place
If you would like a police officer to conduct a Security Survey, please
contact Public Relations at email@example.com
Safety ] [ Youth
Safety ] [ Home
Safety ] [ Business
Safety ] [ Internet
Safety ] [ Fraud
Prevention Through Environment Design ] [ Gang
Click here to get information
on Safety and Prevention Tips
Click here, download or view online
our Crime Prevention Safety Guide